The Apostle Paul suffered from stress. (Read 2nd Corinthians 11:28) Sometimes we think it’s only something modern humanity wrestles with, but stress has hurt humanity for ages. Here is some wisdom that works if you believe God can use past examples for today.
Jesus did !
1. Wake up early and pray every day, (Read Mark 1:35)
2. Write your blessings down so you can count them (Read Php. 4:8)
3. Remember this is a lost world & be ready to forgive (Eph 4:32)
4. Get at least 20 minutes of moderate exercise daily (1st Tim. 4:8)
5. Make a budget and don’t forget it or God (2nd Cor. 9:7)
6. Make friends with positive godly people (1st John 1:3-7)
7. Keep a small Bible handy and read it while waiting on people, or simply keep notes posted up around you of relevant verses, however you read the Bible, make it daily & prayerful! (2nd Peter 1:12-15)
Anxiety is not dismissed, nor ignored, or even prayed away, it must be faced and handled with God’s wisdom. Let Him use this wisdom in your daily life and join Him in His peace that guards our hearts and minds (Philippians 4:7). Last but not least, God does use doctors, if you need one, do what they say! It is more than interesting that God used a doctor to write the gospel of Luke. (Col. 4:14) Dr. Luke also recorded the Acts of the Apostles which gives us the best example of what God expects a church to look like. Do you believe God uses doctors? You know he does! There are bad ones and good ones, so use prayer and faith to distinguish between them.
Spiritually there isn’t a better doctor than Jesus Christ, he said, “Those who are well have no need of a physician, but those who are sick. I came not to call the righteous, but sinners.” (Mark 2:17) His words will judge us in the last day, (John 12:48), and until that day comes, we need to heed THE Doctor’s advice. If we do, our faith will pass ANY test. This is good news!
Leave a Reply