Very apt and adapted…
1. Washing for special occasions is enough, Christmas, Easter, funerals or weddings.
2. When I was a child, I was forced to wash.
3. People who wash are just hypocrites, they think they are cleaner than anyone else.
4. I used to wash, but it got too boring.
5. There are so many brands of soap that choosing the right one is too difficult.
6. I’m still young, when I get older I might consider washing.
7. The toiletry industry is just after your money.
8. None of my friends ever wash.
9. I’m so busy, I only have one day to sleep in, who has time to wash?
10. I don’t believe in washing, there’s really no such thing as soap anyway!
A couple of these excuses, I’ve actually heard people use for opting out of going to worship at church. One thing is for certain, Satan is real and working hard to convince people that washing isn’t needed. Jesus said, “…whoever believes and is baptized will be saved…” (Mark 16:16). However, it is the Devil that wants us to believe a lie and convince us that baptism isn’t really a necessity. Read Acts 22:16 and think again!
Leave a Reply