The Apostle Paul struggled with this subject, and teaches us that our only problem is our mortal weakness of ignorance. The fact that we are human, means that we can not know the future for certain. We therefore can not know clearly what we should pray for in every circumstance. Romans 8:26, “Likewise the Spirit also helps our infirmities. For we do not know what we should pray for as we ought, but the Spirit Himself makes intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered”. But this is only true, if we are solely leaning upon our own humanity, experience and knowledge. What if we lean on God, His word and what we have learned from Him? Then we can indeed know what His will is and pray accordingly. Whatever areas of our life which are not commented on in Scriptures, indeed leave us ignorant of His will, but when the Scriptures speak about God’s will for our lifestyle, work and attitude, then we know what to pray for with certainty and can pray with clarity and confidence. The Hebrew writer proclaimed this in Heb. 4:15-16 & 10:19-22. Confidence in prayer, can only come, when we understand what the blood of Jesus does for us, and what the will of God is for our daily lives. God wants us each to have confidence. How do we get this? A clean & clear heart, as well as a lifestyle that is pleasing and obedient to God. Read 1st John 3:21-22.
Here are subjects every Christian should have confidence in praying about:
1. God’s Strength & Wisdom, Ephesians 3:14-16, James 1:5. Saint’s perseverance and requests, to grow in The Spirit, 2nd Cor. 1:21-22, Acts 8:14-16, Eph. 6:17-18 & Jn. 17:11-16. Saint’s love and holiness to grow, and the Father’s name is sanctified,“hallowed”, 1st Ths. 3:11-13, Jn. 17:22-26, Mt. 6:9. Saint’s thankfulness to grow, 1st Thes. 5:18-19.
2. Evangelists message to have boldness & open doors, so that God may grant repentance, Eph. 6:19, Col. 4:3. Rom. 15:30 & 2nd Cor. 1:10-11, 2nd Tim. 2:25. Harvest laborers, sowers & reapers, to perform God’s work, His kingdom’s will be done, Mat. 6:10,13, 9:36-38 & Jn. 4:33-35.
3. People in Government to use authority for the promotion of peace, godliness & honesty, 1st Tim. 2:1-2, Rom. 13:4, Psa. 46:9.
4. Persecuted Saints, Hebrews 13:3.
5. Enemies of The Church, Mat. 5:44.
6. Forgiveness for ourself the sinner, and the salvation of your neighbor, Rom. 10:1, Heb. 7:24-25 and also the sinning saint, Mt. 6:12, Ac.10:4, 8:21-24, Luke 23:34 & 17:1-5. Personal deliverance from Satan’s temptations, Mt. 6:13. Luke 23:46, Prayer is to be used, to place ourselves into His care & direction. We know our souls are located in Christ, but do we put our events, behaviour and interests into the Father’s hands? This is linked to the growth of sanctification. 2nd Peter 3:18. Helping us make ourselves available for His deliverance from Satan.
7. Personal daily necessities, Casting your care upon Him, Mt. 6:11. Matthew 27:46 & 1st Peter 5:7