Key Text: Psalm 40:1-16
Why Praise God? The Hebrew word for “Jew” (Est. 2:5), is a derivative of “OWDEH”, meaning to praise. Gen. 29:35.
1. Because no other creature but humans can sing as an expression of love & thankfulness.
2. Because when we patiently cry, He hears & answers! Psalm 40:1
3. Because God not only answers, but He delivers us from trouble on earth, delivering salvation in heaven! Psalm 40:2-3.
4. Because He put a new song in our heart and has given us a new name. Psalm 40:3, Isa. 62:2 & Acts 11:26, 26:28, 1st Peter 4:6
5. Because God not only delivers salvation, but He also blesses us in countless ways here and now! Psalm 40:5-10, 16, James 5:13
6. Because God views our praise as a fulfilment of prophecy in the body of Christ, Heb. 2:9-13, Psa. 22:22.
7. Because God views our praise as a sacrifice! Hebrews 13:15
8. Because God can teach us when we sing, Colossians 3:16.
9. Because God uses our praise to strengthen our resolve & help continue growing in His Spirit, and win over sin! Mat. 26:30, Mk.14:26, Acts 16:25, 2nd Chron. 20:17-22, Ephesians 5:18-20.
For all the reasons above and probably more that I will learn of in the future, I will forever fix my will daily, to praise Him. When evil days come that I feel even God is against me and I want to give up. I will try to plead my concerns to Christ my intercessor. Why? So that I might build up in my heart a new desire to praise Him. Remember Job 13:15.